Friday, November 11, 2011

The Artist View

There’s no question, however, that Huang’s forte is the human element.  “I think the reason why I love fashion photography precisely because fashion is not realistic,” he says.  “Fashion is about creating an illusion and fantasy, but very much built around the human factor.  That’s why I think I find interaction with models the most fulfilling, because I tell them a story and they react to that.  I look at models as beautiful creatures,” he adds, laughing:  “They aren’t really human, you know.”

In the end, it’s the magic of the single image that moves Huang.  “Only the photographer really knows what he or she wants out of every image,” he muses.  “It’s like you’re a movie director, but for one frame only -- and there’s a tale to tell behind every still frame.”  He pauses for a moment.  “I fell in love with the whole photographic process a long time ago,” he says, “and I just kept on shooting.” -


Pete Souza
Here he is captured by White House photographer Pete Souza using a 5D Mark II.

 
Pete Souza is the Chief Official White House Photographer for President Obama; he is also the Director of the White House photo office.



No comments:

Post a Comment